Ms. Shamcey Supsup - Trully A Philippines' Pride


Miss Universe Philippines 2011
Miss Universe 2011 (3rd Runner-up)

A licensed architect who gained fame when she topped the Architecture Licensure Examination in July 2010 in the Philippines
Magna cum laude from the University of the Philippines


Ms. Shamcey Supsup, 25, was born on May 16, 1986. She moved to General Santos City with her family when she was 3 years old. In school, Supsup studied hard and enjoyed reading books. She was a valedictorian of her grade school batch, and was salutatorian of her high school batch at the Makati High School.

Supsup graduated magna cum laude from the University of the Philippines and topped the 2010 Architect Licensure Examination. Supsup joined the [[Binibining Pilipinas 2011] and won the Binibining Pilipinas-Universe title when the pageant was held at the Araneta Coliseum on April 10, 2011. This victory entitled her the right to represent the Philippines at the Miss Universe 2011 pageant held in São Paulo, Brazil on September 12, 2011.

During the pageant's question and answer portion, judge Vivica A. Fox asked Supsup the question: "Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love? Why or why not?

" The Filipina replied, "If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles,and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God, too." 

Supsup topped the online fan ranking during the Miss Universe question and answer portion. She placed second in the online ranking for the evening gown competition and she placed 3rd-Runner up to Miss Universe 2011 Leila Lopes of Angola.

Source and photo credit: Shamcey Supsup's FACEBOOK Fanpage

No comments:

Post a Comment